[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
498a Discussion Forum - View topic - Photocopy of AB or original order ?
It is currently Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Photocopy of AB or original order ? 

Hi All,

I am an NRI currently residing in USA, I am a victim of 498a along with dp act 3&4. My wife filed case against me and my family in 2015. All my family members got bail except me since I'm in USA. I decided to travel back to India to fight this case. Through my lawyer I secured AB with conditions (I'm yet to see the order, but guessing mostly surrendering passport which is fine with me since I am permanently relocating to India).

I have a doubt, is it okay to travel with just a photocopy of the AB order? Or do I need to carry the certified copy?
Yes, there was an LOC earlier on my name which is expired. But the court constable confirmed that LOC is renewed and active. So, even if this constable is lying, I still anticipate that the old LOC would still show up in the immigration system when I land in India. I am from Andhra Pradesh if that gives clarity on my situation.

Please suggest

Thanks

Last edited by pradyp7 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:13 am

You need to clear your statement...
Photo copy of AB ..or original ....
You can notarized your certified AB copy...

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:38 am

If LOC is active, even though u have AB, the immigration authorities would make u wait, call the police station and send u with them. Police has to take u to court to execute bail and surrender passport to court (if AB has such condition)

Better to have a original copy of the AB order with u before traveling. One of your relatives has to be at the airport, preferably with a car so that the police man too can travel with you and your relative to PS and then to court.

Do not land in India on Sunday or a court holiday. Try to come Monday to Friday and see the landing time is in the early hours so that police do not have much time to do bad things.

Also ask your advocate too on this matter.

See PM sent.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:21 am

pradyp7, it appears your inbox is full. PM to is not moving out.. I had sent PM to u.

Check your inbox and delete some entries so that you can receive new messages.

I can guide in the cases, on mutually agreeable terms. U would be having advocate. Yet it is advisable to go thru advise of persons who have faced the cases.

I fought my son’s case and all cases, including divorce, are closed in our favour without paying a penny. TEP also was successful, opp. party paid about four lakhs tax and another 25 lakhs tax order is hanging on their head.

I guided a person from Delhi in the 498a case and TEP. today judgment was pronounced in 498a case and the person is acquitted. I can give the person’s number for u to confirm.

If u are interested, U can PM me ur mail id.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks raj123 and ganeshrao

I landed in Chennai airport and immigration office contacted the concerned PS. The SHO was over enthusiastic and sent his team to capture me even though they were served a copy of AB by court. Even the immigration officer told him he can share my AB over WhatsApp, but SHO was adamant and replied they don't have the papers.

I am not sure how far this is true, but as per immigration officer, they will release you if the SHO tells them to. So, once upon receiving AB ask your parent/relative to visit SHO and provide a copy of AB and throw some vit M, so that he may tell the immigration officer to release you referring to AB.

BTW I carried photocopy of AB

Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:52 pm

Always original copies of a court order must be carried. And it is common thing in this Great country for public servants to deny everything though they are aware of everything.
And that is what happened in your case.

In which State is your case?

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]