[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
498a Discussion Forum - View topic - Look Out Circular - lawsuit query
It is currently Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Look Out Circular - lawsuit query 

Hi,

In my case, the police officers registered FIR on April 2018, and issued a Look Out Circular even before sending first summon through MEA. I have AB, despite that I was detained in Indian Airport for 10 hours because the police intentionally didn't respond to Immigration officers request. this accounts to human right violation and harassment to NRI by Indian Government Officials.

1) Is it possible to file a lawsuit against Indian Government in foreign court (UK) for illegal issuance of LOC and detention as a result of it?

2) Filing lawsuit in UK could anger the investigation officers and the case can go against me, however I want to file it as my intention is not just to protect me but to protect all male victims of 498-A. Please provide me some guidance and possible legal points that can be added in my lawsuit. Is is legally possible to file a lawsuit in a foreign country where I am residing although the incident happened in india.

additional optional info:
Issued Look Our Circular on June 2018, I applied for AB on July 2018, they issued first Summon to my parents address in India on August 2018. Now the Chargesheet is prepared.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:42 am

Hello Ram,
I am in similar situation. I see that you are from Hyderabad. Do you mind helping me out with your advocate?

In my case, my wife had lodged a complaint on 498a, sec 3 & 4 for dowry and harassment. I did attend three counselling sessions with IO in Hyderabad. But later things weren't progressing in our favor. I had to join the job by November 1st. So, I came to Canada and continued my job. In the meanwhile, FIR is lodged on Nov 7. My family got the bail immediately, but right now they have issued an absconding case against me. Threatening to return to India, else they will raise a LOC.

Please advise. In a current situation, if I've to deal with it, at least I need 3-4 months savings before I go to India as system only runs through bribery.

Also, I am having major trouble in finding right advocate.

Kindly help.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:32 pm

@ram242

You cannot file any case in UK against Indian government because
1. Incident happened outside UK which UK court don't have any jurisdiction
2. India is sovereign country and have their own laws. how can you challenge a law of one country in another country? If that was the case, would not 9/11 victims filed case against Saudi? Will not all middle east country citizens file case against their countries in UK?

I think you should not spend time on useless thing because 10 hours is nothing because I have seen people jailed for days.
You can file a contempt case against police inspector and immigration officer in the court which issued bail for you since they detained you inspite of AB.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:12 am

@fight4truth498a

if you have bail, you don't have to worry. If you don't have bail, you should not come back to India. You can send register letter to IO that you will be give your evidence or available for questioning through video conference or through your lawyer

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:18 am

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:28 am

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:47 pm

@fight4truth498a

Everyone knows one or the other lawyer today. Get in touch with your friends / family. Ask them to refer some lawyer. If you go directly, most lawyers will ruin you. Going with referral are bit safe. It is not that they will not screw you if you go with referral but atleast you can ask the referral person in case of issues.

Tell the I.O that you have visa issues and cannot come to India and send a registered letter that you are available for any investigation through phone or video chat. You can send a registered letter from US/UK and you can keep track of it and you can use it in court when applying for bail.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:59 am

@ram242

Assistant Commissioner calling you to give an explanation is some what good that they are scared. You can state the same thing if you are filing contempt against police inspector and also might include Assistant commissioner. You can ask court you don't have any confidence in police investigation and ask for court monitored probe. You can also say police don't have any regard for court orders including supreme court order of not arresting accused in 498a case.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:05 am

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:58 am

You can just mention city name and state with no phone number . If they send any notice, it should not reach you

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:39 am

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:24 pm

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:50 am

Sorry all it had been a while since I checked my emails or logged in to the site.

The thread is filled with loads of useful info. Thanks everyone. i will try to reply to fight4truth498a  via pm as he tried to contact me.

A general update. My case has proceeded no where but I am creating a new thread to share my email to Indian Embassy officials lodging a complain to take action against Indian government officials for violating Indian Official Secret Act by sharing LOC info to the demon who shared it with uk police/ us government officials / my colleagues , etc but uk police registered a crime against her , offered my guidance to protect from her harassment which was unexpected.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]