[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
498a Discussion Forum - View topic - NRI 498a **Dont shit yourselves Ive conquered**
It is currently Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
NRI 498a **Dont shit yourselves Ive conquered** 
Read carefully if you are NRI. I have gone through this crap and I outline what I did and it is peanuts compared to the brothers who are living there. They are the ones who have had the real trouble with family members getting locked up etc.

Firstly its a case, big deal. Its not more than the crap you have taken from your wife when you were licing with her. Under NO circumstances whatsover, no matter who tells you NEVER EVER EVER come to India. India i a lawles place and that is not insuling any lawyers on this forum trust me. You CAN DO ANYTHING in India with money. But we can get bail you say? Yes my friend thought so too. Reason being yes bail will work for that case but whilst there you can have other allegations made or attempted murder allegations anything to get you to stay there and lots of other non bailable charges. Do you really want to risk your life or the fact you could be kept there in India over some 498a case...I thought so too so I thought f*** this Ill get a lawyer and pay him and he can repsresent me. Remember one thing the minute you enter India you are playing by THEIR rules. It will take months to NRI govts to get involved o go with your own RISK

The case takes bloody ages - a few years and because I hadnt turned up I became" wait for it" a proclaimed offender i.e guilty. An arrest warrant went out to all the airports and I was greeted with more abuse from in laws etc who felt they had triumphed. So wat did I do? Read on.

I work for Deloitte and Touche as a biz consultant and we are working on he entry and exit system in USA. Do you know how many people pass through the States without a valid passport? Im not suggesting to do that but what I did is simple and legal. I legally changed my name from Dalbir Singh to Delbir Singh. Thats all cost $300 ..I pass through there no probs and have visited India several times since.

Do you really think your name is going to flash on Delhi monitors...its nonsense. Dont be duped by people in India.

Dowry 498a is a mickey mouse law that cant touch you. However if you have fixed or liquid assets especially in India I would advise you move them asap. Get a power of attorney and change them into someone elses name as in he long run a court (not 498a related) can impose sanctions on the land..

Im going back to India next month..

Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:34 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:12 am

Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:05 am

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 am

OK .. here's the scoop on LOC (Look out Circular).

LOC is valid for only 6 montsh period. After that it has to be re-registered. More importantly the police will never ever file for a LOC unless they are paid off first. So unless your CLAWS are willing to dish out some sweet coin to just have an LOC in effect you need not worry and even if they do wait 6 months or another 6 months. Greed seems to be the most probable cause that encourages CLAWS to file a 498 so chances are CLAWS won't keep paying off the police just to have an LOC in circulation without really knowing if will ever be actually helpful or not.

Passport name change .. no issues at all.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:18 pm

thanks for the 6 months info. didn't know.

about bribing the police to push the LOC, remember, the police register the FIR
in the first place after ascertaining the paying potential of the accused. so it's
co-investment for them with the accusers, whose ability to convince, bribe or
nfluence the police further varies.

you should be able to find out from a friendly PSI at the station (usually the
PSI who is *not* the IO and therefore belongs to the "other" party; every
police station, bar, judge collegium has groups) where have they pegged
your paying potential in the case. for example, if they think it is 50 lakhs
or above usually the commissioner/ssp and a sessions or even high court
judge will have a cut. at 10 lakhs, you are looking at just the senior PI,
the PP, and the magistrate. they will lob off anywhere from 25 - 50% before
your wife's relatives take theirs and if any crums are left the wife will
get them.

with the knowledge of the formula, you have a better shot at directly
negotiating with the vengeant wife... (while also addressing her vengeance
and craziness on another plane but often mixing it up with money) but
all of that is before filing 498. once she files it, she loses leverage to the
corrupt mafia and her family.

to summarize, i am dead against paying a penny to the accuser once
the 498 is filed -- bad business and bad for your own conscience. civil
settlements make sense only before a criminal charge is filed.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:09 am
Another piece of advice if you have any parents or people there who may be under threat get them to disown you. Its a simple procedure and one where an ad is out by a lawyer in a small paper saying MR X of such and such place disowns this person and has nothing to do with them as of this date.

The other thing is I dont like hearing talk on this forum of "settlement or negotiation".
* If you have done nothing wrong why the hell are you paying? I would rather waste all my money on lawyers and legal fees than have the money ending up in their hands. They have won but it all depends on your background and how tough a character you are. People like this are a disgrac and shouldnt be on this forum. You are naturally weak people so justy go ahead and do it but dont brainwash peopl on this forum

Remember as the petitioner they will feel strong and vengeful - big deal. This sort of stuff sticks. If they have other kids to marry off then it will affect their credit rating.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - and I cannot emphasise this enough is to move forward in your life..Im not saying dont deal with it - do - but dont let it engulf your life like it will do with them. It will take years and years and they will be paying legal fees etc and it will constantly be negging at them.

Set out your plan clearly - remember god is helping you by showing you her true colours NOW so dont think why is this happening to me. Be strong man.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:04 am

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:59 pm
Im the same guest throughout Delbir Singh: REMEMBER

* YOU will need o be served. That will waste sometime. Dont sign for anything but check what it is from your pst office. They will tell you where it came from. Then you can assume the ball is rolling.

* DO NOT go to India. Thats what they want. They want to play by their rules.

* Dont fall for their lame threats. A person who is a don just goes ahead and does things w/o chatting to much. They are the very clever ones.

* DONT fall for any advice from a lawyer who is part of the family. Lawyers in India deliberately prolong cases or do "behind the scenes" deals to keep the case going. Basically TRUST no one. Even certain members of YOUR OWN family will secretely side with the in CLAWS.

* Try and spread some stuff that is not even going on to throw them off the scent. You will be surprised @ how they will get confused with mind games

*protect people who are your weaknesses

* Enjoy a pint of fosters while they cry day in day out. DONT think this shit dont affect them. It does and rememebr it could be worse. We could be living in India.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:09 am

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:57 am

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:21 am
The problem with the PO is even though the case is over you will still have a power of arrest attached to the P O hence why this whole post is dedicated to the topic.

I would honestly liken a 498a for a NRI to getting a parking ticvket that you overlook.

My only roblem wih it is the people who are stuck in India man. They have it so much harder....so much bloody harder. They are the REAL victims in this and my support is fully with them

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:16 am

I didn't quite understand what difference and what advantage were gained by changing one's name? So If I am Dilip Shah on my Indian passport and am living in USA and legally change my name to Daleep Patel and if I am still on a green card and with an Indian Passport, what is advantage I have acquired?

Can anyone share their thoughts on my request?

Thank you.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]