[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
498a Discussion Forum - View topic - 498a Sec 4 & 6 of DP Act
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
498a Sec 4 & 6 of DP Act 

Hi I am Garimella Srikanth working as a Software Engineer in Hyderabad. I was born on July8th 1988. i got married on March 17th 2014. starting of my marriage life was going Okay. Later on disputes have started between me and my wife.

my wife is working a assistant manager in HDFC bank hyderabad Rani gunj Bank.

My wife got conceived on Nov 17th 2014 and she delivered a baby girl on july 29th 2015. Mean time after baby shower function which was held on May 10th 2015 she left to her parents house and returned to my home on Oct 3rd 2015.

on Nov 24th we had a big quarrel between each other so she left home and filed a case against me and my mom on nov 27th 2015 at Saroornagar WPS Hyderabad they put sections 498a and Sec 4& 6 of DP ACT.

police has called for only one counselling session where i agreed to compromise and asked her to come back home with baby but she refused.

police had issued notice u/s 41(a) CRPC to me and my mom so i have consulted a lawyer who is a good friend of mine
then my frnd lawyer asked me to respond for crpc notice so i have did that by submitting it to police station.

i thought police would call for another session but that bugger had charged file sheet and submitted it to court.
one day(feb 7th 2016 where i even spoken to my wife and she asks me to get out of that house and want to stay separately where i have disagreed for that as i am the only son to my parents and they are above 65yrs age.she also said that she will file a divorce case by consulting a lawyer and i said i am ready to sign on any papers.) i got a call from constable to collect the summons from court for the first hearing i.e on feb 9th 2016.

Mean time i have filed a restitution which was the suggestion from my lawyer frnd(who mostly looks into civil cases but he took suggestions from his colleague who is a criminal lawyer.)

i have attended the court on feb 9th 2016 where court has asked to submit the surety deposit of 5000/- each on march 30th 2016.

so based on the details above could any one from the forum please suggest what would be done in this scenario and can come out of this situation.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:05 pm

First arrange for sureties on 30.3.16. Both of u have to appear along with sureties and surety bond (fixed deposit) obtained from the advocates society or bank. Though interest rate is low, advocates society is preferable. It is good that u were not arrested. On 30th, u may be given copy of the charge sheet. Read and analyse that and discuss with the advocate. Only after seeing the contents of the complaint and charge sheet, any advise is possible.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Thank you Ganeshrao i am really thankful for your reply.
I have collected the charge sheet on the first hearing.

Even i am ready to appear to court on 30 march 2016.

in charge sheet she has complained all false allegations like i have beaten her and asking for extra dowry and all and also she claims that i have an illegal affair in Facebook where she cannot produce an evidence.

Even i have submitted restitution where it got Numbered and i am not sure if the notice has been sent to her or not.

do u want the charge sheet if so i am not sure how to attach files here in this blog. if you can provide your email id i can send as attachments

thank you in advance.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:14 am

Restitution is a futile case, no court in India legally force anyone to live with other Instead of rcr u had to file for judicial separation.

Once wife is out from your house, she is no longer the same with whom u did marriage.

She will file more false cases with baseless allegations so as to bow you down.

She has every right to harass you.

Welcome to the league. .....

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:58 pm

DeviLal Thank you for your reply.

To file a Separation or Divorce Case on what grounds i can proceed further? Or If My Wife takes a Step further and file a Divorce case can the current case could be closed ...? Please Suggest here.

And Also in 498a DP ACT 4 and 6 what would be the defensible points that i can present in court during Examination...?

Is there a way that i can be out of this situation...?

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:42 am

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:27 pm

RCR is a time consuming and income earning tool for the advocate. There is no use in filing it. The court at the most can only pass an order that the other party must join u. But cannot be forced. It will remain on paper only and u have to spend about one to two years on that and the advocate fee.
It is better not to file it at all. It is a dangerous step to file RCR. See ur PM (personal messages) folder in this forum.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:59 am

Hi All,

I have a quick Question How to check the status of my passport is in LOC or not. my passport reached for renewal so is there any chance to check. Please suggest the ways to check how ever in my case police has not asked for my passport details...!

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:55 am

I believe it internal information of police it can be check its passed by the senior police officer so if u leaving the country they can catch u.

If you are renewing the passport it wont b issue.

Thank u

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]