It is currently Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
can some one help me out on process of filing quash of 498a 
Author Message

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:12 pm
Posts: 20
hi All,

my parents and my wife's parent have come to a mutual understanding to give money and get the cases settled.

we have prepared an MOU, one copy with me and another with them.

what will be quickest way to get the 498a case quashed in high court, am from andhra pradesh.

can you breif me out any precautions to be taken and some high level events that would be happening.

who all will be needed to present at court just me and my wife or other accused as well?

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:56 am
Posts: 20
Hi it's really good that both the parties have come to an understanding first of all hire a senior most lawyer who can draft an MOU for you. One thing should be pretty clear in the MOU that the monetary reliefs agreed upon would be provided in the court only in form of DD upon successful quashing of all the cases

Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 am
Posts: 608
there is no update on ur above post. is it not completed.

In AP, the following sequence, if followed, would ensure that u are safely out:

1) both parties to apply to HC for quash along with the MOU. on the given date she has to appear. it is not needed that u are available. u can send a POA to ur father to represent u. ur parents, if named in FIR, need to go to HC.

both the lawyers would be there. the judge would ask her if she is compromising the issue and on what grounds. if judge is satisfied with the answers, he would quash the FIR.

2) now, take copy of the HC order and file in the trial court of 498a, if any. the magistrate would close the 498a case recording the fact of quash.

3) file one copy of HC order and MOU in court where DV is running with petition to close the DV case in view of the compromise as per MOU and quash of 498a case by HC. then the dv would be closed.

4) similarly for the crpc 125 case if any.

5) after all these are completed, go to family court where divorce is running. If the pending divorce was filed by either of u, both of u to file a petition to convert it to MCD. attach copy of the MOU, HC quash order.

then MCD would be granted by family court.

this closes all ur cases.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:38 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.