[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
498a Discussion Forum - View topic - Impounding or Revoking of Passport
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Impounding or Revoking of Passport 

Hi Friends, I have been a frequent reader of this website, as I am currently sailing on the same boat.
Need Help!!!

Born in Bangalore and my first passport was made in 1982 in Chennai,
Shifted to Mumbai in 1987 - Left India for the first time in 1991 from Mumbai.
Was in the Middle East - Dubai and second passport was made there in 1992.
Came back in 2000, got married to a "B*t*h - in 2000 - She was from Delhi... Hence moved residence to Delhi from Mumbai...
2001 Left India again for South Africa. Third Passport was here in 2002....
December - 2007 - Discover my wife's illicit affair, she moves out to her parents house with the kids and later files 498A and DV....
Loose my Job in Germany as I cant leave the country...
In July 2008 - my bail gets confirmed and am allowed to now leave the country...
August - I find a new Job in France and leaves the country Again...
My entire family is overseas...no one in India, few relatives, however none in Delhi or even close by.
No property in India, The house we were staying in was rented, I gave up the house, and shifted my belongings to another part of India, managed and looked after by a relative of mine.
My wife side - no one knows including my lawyers dont know where I am - I call my lawyers using VOIP only as I don't trust any of them.
My passport is expiring early next year. Can my passport be impounded or revoked?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 am

have you considered applying for a foriegn nationality...that should put a stop to the entire drama for you.
rest depends on the stage your case has reached, have you been declared a PO?

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 am

Thanks for your response. Yes I have - but have got to wait 3 years more for that.... No idea on where the case has reached, in fact as I write, I have managed to set up a new team of lawyers to find out whats happening on the case front. Well the charge sheet was filed in June 2008, and thats how my bail got confirmed and was allowed to leave the country. That B*t*h got some teacher friends of hers and her her father as a witness, thats what I read in the FIR....

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:55 pm

my understanding is that you have two choices. the first is to actively face this...get involved and try to finish it off to it's logical conclusion. the second, (and, i get the feeling you are leaning towards this option more) to completely ignore this mess. if, as you state you have no family and assets in India, then you could just as easily do so...the only hurdle you face currently is that you are a while away from getting alternate nationality...now pls keep in mind that if you ignore this and it boomerangs big time on you and you get a conviction, then it's going to reflect badly on you when comes time to get foreign nationality,as most countries are going to want you to get a criminal check done in your home country (pls confirm this with the proper immigration in your country of residence).
now, an alternative comes to mind, as you state that no one in India has the remotest idea about where you live currently, and assuming that immigration at your current country of residence is not aware of your marital status, then another marriage of convienence could be the answer to your problems, provided you go about it with full disclosure and good ethics. pls understand i am not advocating you cheating someone.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:02 am

Thanks Ishwar, well I already found out about the last option, unfortunately even If I have to marry someone here, I still have to remain here for that period of time to obtain citizenship which doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is. On the other hand fortunately my passport mentions "single" - honestly due the kind of traveling I have been doing in the last recent years, I have never had the time of actually changing the status which has acted as a blessing in disguise.

Now, if you'd notice - my main query is regards the revoking or impounding of my passport - that's the main concern for the moment, the rest will look into where and when I need to climb that hill.

My passport is ending quick - and I need to prepare myself on the what has to be done next....

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 pm

passport impounding and/or revocation is a very long winded process, they initiate it only if you are not co-operating with the law (being present in court/being represented by a counsel in court), or not following any directives ordered by the court, or not complying with your bail conditions.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 am

"My passport is expiring early next year. Can my passport be impounded or revoked?"

Considering your original question, how come the expiring of ur passport would lead to its impounding or revocation?

Since you have secured bail and now permission to travel outside India, why not ask the court (through your lawyer) for NOC to renew your passport and then get it renewed abroad itself

You have bail, you are responding to your cases, there is no warrant against you, you are out of the country with court's permission, u are not flouting any court orders, then on what basis ur passport is gonna be impounded?

498aFighter

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]