It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
LOC, NBW, may be interpol notice 

Hi All
I have 5 year old 498a case, living overseas, having LOC, NBW, may be some interpol notice as told by some immigration counter at one of the international airport.

case in trial only one statement from bitch s side left then IO n arguments, if go back now what should be done?

Apply cancellation of NBW n AB ?

what are the chances of getting AB for main accused once was rejected by trial court (before filing chargesheet, now everything is done)
advise pls

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:59 pm

If CS has been filed then you have to file for regular bail. Apply for removal of LOC.

I don't think NBW can be cancelled but you can surrender in the court and get regular bail on the same day. Then apply for exemption from personal appearance in case and come back to your home country (The country you feel safe)

Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:45 pm

CS was filed in 2012
Can I apply for regular bail and removal of LOC while I am overseas ?
One of the lawyer told me that I might have to be in jail for 10-15 days before bail can be granted, another one told me don't come !
how the same day bail works ?

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:54 am

I think (Not sure) you can petition the court for the removal of LOC while overseas but for regular bail you have to appear in front of the court.

You can apply for the regular bail but it will be upto judge to grant. I don't think anyone can make any call on that and also note that every case is different.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:40 pm

If u want to come ere, u may apply for AB. If District court rejects, u can go to HC. In matrimonial cases, HC mostly grants AB by giving a time limit of one or two months to appear in lower court. Then there may be conditions about travel and deposit of passport. Since ur case has been pending since five years, such conditions are likely to be imposed. Think of these. There may be huge delay in ur going back.

Since LOC is said to exist, u would be handed over to the police at the Indian airport. They would take the person to the court where u have to convert the AB to regular bail by submitting sureties.

Interpol notice may not be there. U can check the CBI-Interpol website if any such notice is pending. lOC is different from Interpol notice.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:08 am

applied ab 3 years ago was cancelled in district court, didnt applied after that.

only IO left for statement if go at this stage when the case can be finished for me, will hat be along a2 n a3 or my case will start from beginning ?

how long it takes to convert ab to regular - same day ?

Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:27 pm

You can apply for AB first mentioning that you want come to India and surrender in court. You can't apply for regular bail as you have to be in India to get regular bail.
If you have existing LOC, you will need AB.
I don't think you will have red corner notice just for a simple 498A. You can always check that online on Indian gov websites. LOC you can't check though.
Even if you get AB and plan to come to India, be mindful that getting back to present country may be a long process. Be prepared for a slow and long process of getting travel permission. Just a suggestion take most of the application like LOC/AB/Travel permission to high court as usually session courts are unwilling to make these kinda decisions. Good luck

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:56 pm

trial for a2 a3 in final arguments,
if i come after their trial how long my trial will go?
will the gang have to re record their statements against me or statements recorded during my family's trial will be used ?

Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]