It is currently Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Thanks to all the dear members 

Hi,

This is quite understandable that I have gone into depression after losing my matrimonial life and my daughter but finally I have come out of it. Also I have not suffered with the legal battles as my matter was sorted out in the CAW Cell itself. This was all with the kind and timely help that I have got here.

The things have made me a new person allowing me to have broadness of mind and understanding the human psyche. I am really thankful to all the members especially Shonee ji, Poppinder ji, Galsober, sunil1234.

I am doing well in my life now, having a good job and living peacefully with my mother. Everything is going well.

One important thing I want to share with the other members that fear is the worst enemy. Please do not fear and fight smartly. Believe me the truth will open the doors one day.

Though I am not good at legal things but surely I will try my best to be part of SIFF meetings to help others by providing emotional support.

Thanks again !!
:)

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Congratulations on seeing the end of the tunnel, though the end may not be the best you had hoped for. Good luck with everything from now on...

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:54 pm

Vinod Khanna,
Congratulations;The settled case at CAW is best for you.
You rightly said fear is key killer for a 498a victim;It must be shedded like we shed fear of Death all along the life which is sure to come.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:13 am

@khanna!
Congratulations.........................but tell the fellows what exactly settled in CAW cell, what money u had to pay?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Congrats Vinod! Can you please elaborate on the MoU? Did you involve lawyers in reaching to an understanding?

Occam's razor: all things being equal, simplest solution is generally the best solution. :-)

Best,
Vishal

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Brief particulars about the settlement :

1. On the very first date at CAW, I have got many threats but the police officials arranged us to sit together and patch up the things. The next date was issued to me which was very short.

2. On second date, they have finalized with going to FIR and police wants to submit the statements. It was my common understanding that they will surely read what I will write in my statement. I called Shoneeji for writing the statement and took some advise. Here the things turned, I have attached the copy of the complaint which was lodged before her complaint, the papers that my mother has disowned me and her. I was jobless and now they were afraid coz they were in the situation that they will not be able to extract money from me. I was totally naked. Still they have threatened me that I will go to jail even if my mother and sister is out of mess. I simply replied that it is my dream to be in jail and you can imagine the face they had after these words. I have not shown the reactions and worries though I was afraid. They again approached me asking with the alimony amount. The things started with 12 Lacs but I denied. Then they have gone to their advocate and finally came after 30 minutes and asked me to pay 6 Lacs. In the meantime police also asked me to tell the amount which I am ready to pay. I started with 2 Lacs. Now they were trying me to push up the amount. I requested for a break and finally came after 1 hour. This time I offered 2.50 Lacs and told them that I have many proofs that will prove that the allegations are false. They again held the meeting with their lawyer and family members and atlast the amount came down to 3 Lacs for which I agreed.

There were no lawyers involved in reaching out to the understanding but at later stage I involved the lawyer to break the alimony amount into two equal instalments as they were demanding everything in advance.

Major terms of MOU :

1. The permanent alimony is settled at 3 Lacs which will be paid in two equal instalments.

2. She will not claim any amount for maintenance or anything in future for her or for child out of my property or income.

3. The custody of the child will remain with mother. The things were silent on visitation rights.

Now the things are in the past and I am totally out of it.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:57 pm

@vinodkhanna

Sir

Did you return her streedhan also? Fully?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]