It is currently Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Post 0

Last edited by santoshd123 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Some questions for you:
1. What were the conditions on your US divorce settlement? Alimony? Child support?
2. Who has the custody of your son?
3. What is your visa status? H1B? GC? Citizenship?
4. If you are willing to come to India, how much time you can afford to stay there?

Also, you should probably post this to a different forum (NRI forum would be my choice). Yours is not a success story YET, but hope you will be able to post here some day.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:14 am

Also, you should probably post this to a different forum (NRI forum would be my choice). Yours is not a success story YET, but hope you will be able to post here some day.

Last edited by santoshd123 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Please DO NOT Cotinue postings in this Head Unless Yours becomes a SUCCESS Story.

I Request the Moderators to be Bit Strict regarding this aspect as there is Still a Long Way to go & Forum Should Not become a Chow-mein [ :) Sorry if some In-Appropriate phrase has been put ].

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:32 pm

As the other poster suggested you should move this to another forum ASAP. My suggestion would be to move it to NRI forum.

I understand that all your relatives in India were arrested and they are now on bail. You are in US and you are practically untouchable (American wife, green card pending). Either you can ignore everything and live your life, or fight this case and finish it off. The risks with first option are, you can never come back to India, passport renewal can be a problem, if you are out of status before green card then that is a problem, and there will be cases pending against your relatives (probably restricting their movements). If you are sure that you can stay in US forever (I know you want to, but can you? I am talking legally, not about your emotional bond with your motherland). Second option has two risks. You might be detained in India for longer than you wish, and once you submit to Indian court you have to abide by its verdicts, i.e. custody of your son might change and you might have to pay more alimony to your wife.

In short, you can ignore this case. If you want to fight it, apply for AB and make sure none of the conditions in AB will prevent you from leaving India. Seeing what happened to your parents' bail application it is very likely that you will get AB with least conditions. Also, apply for FIR quash for your relatives.

I am not a lawyer and these are just my opinions.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]