[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
498a Discussion Forum - View topic - 498 a
It is currently Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
498 a 

Hi,

Case is booked against me and brother and mother,

We have got the AB including me.

I have few questions. will this comes under Dowry Harassment.

1. I have taken a lease house for huge amount after discussing with my wife.
2. She told that she would help me by going to job.
3. After going to job she did not help me in repaying bank loans that we paid for lease amount but she kept the salary with herself and she did not show any bank statement to me or she never ever withdraw the money in front of me but all her salary is managed by her brother and her mother.
4. She helped me 3 times with her salary when i was not in job and looking for another job and she was working/
5. She giving the salary to pay the bank loans when i was not in job will come under 498a .

Please advice.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:21 pm

not at all..... keep yourself cool and have fun.

Supreme court has repeatedly made clear that petty matrimonial issues will not come under 498a. And whatever you said can not even consider as cruelty!!!

Fight the case and screw her royally left right and center.

Participate in various activities to curb this menace and to change all existing ridiculous laws and block new ones getting enacted in the future.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:22 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the reply.

I just want to clarify if she had give 20000/- pm for 3 months will this come under Dowry Harassment when i was not in job

Further She claims that she has paid to me around 2.5 lac by cash. she withdraws the money for herself and use it for herself or she gives it to her mother. I don't have any knowledge her salary.

How to prove myself that i have not received any cash from her.

Please advice.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi read about 498a properly- getting money from once wife for paying lease can not be seen as crime on any possible law in this earth. I don't understand why are you worrying about it. Cool man. She can claim any thing under this earth to book you under 498a. Any money which is tranferred to your account or been given by some meen that she can prove will count. All other claims will be dismissed if there is no proof. If your hands are clean do not worry about any consequences. Be prepared to spend considerable amount of time at court. Give morale support to your parents.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:43 pm

How to prove that I have not done this/ that....

Buddy, I don't know how many times it has been repeated, that you don't need to prove anything. Any matter of fact has to be proven by the party asserting it. That is Prosecution of Complainant.

A met B, there can be a proof by way of witnessess, events of meetings.

A did not meet B, what proof can be there?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:18 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]