[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
498a Discussion Forum - View topic - 498A diffused, DV left
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
498A diffused, DV left 

Hi guys, police has conducted investigation relating to dowry offences against me and my family and found that 'no allegations are true' and since the couple resided outside India, they cannot investigate by going there, so the file will be consigned to records!!!!! Now the DV is left at Delhi and remains to be seen what reliefs she is awarded by the lady judge. She has asked for flat in London, loads of money as compensation and permanant alimony. I left her about a yr back owing to excessive bad behaviour and torments i was suffocating in. I have written and audio proof of her confessing the same. Earns more than me, so i guess no maintenance... but that remains to be seen.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I should add that so far, one of the most imp things that has helped convince people like Police and my lawyer about my innocence is HARD EVIDENCE, which has no replacements. My evidences go to the extent of written self-confession and verbal apologies from the enemy camp (although insincerely, with absolutely no other interest but to get me back within their clutches or take my money away and ruin my family). The police even went on to say that with this evidence, not only us but even the courts will throw her complaint out. So the evidences spoke for themselves. However i am well aware of prejudiced minds of lower court metropolitant magistrates and keep my fingers crossed for the remianing DV assualt.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Each 498A victory is another nail in the eventual coffin for this ill-advised law.
Your success so far brings happiness to our collective hearts.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:05 pm

Sweet success fighthard. Good for you bro. I am sure you will succeed in the DV case too. Any idea about filing any counter-cases ?

Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:26 am

Fight Hard,

The courts can not allot immovable property outside India in a civil case.

And in your peculier situation, I doubt she can be granted any reliefs.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:54 am
Profile YIM

Thanks Shoneek, Ron, HOD and Poppinder. Its a pity I did not see this website and talk to you all people before marrying...However, I know that the one who laughs last laughs best. So am holding my hoses till DV is over. Regarding counter cases, she can expect a perjury and false info to public servant to cause injury, at least. I will try my best and this time I will file the case in my city and not hers:). But as Shoneek said, 'the incoming bullet has the right of passage'. Right now all i am interested in is getting out of DV as soon as possible, and then take it from there.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:48 am

Heartiest Congratulations for a clean chit in 498a, you have already won half the battle. The other half win will soon with your hands.

And about you saying "Its a pity I did not see this website and talk to you all people before marrying"

I would like to add what I just read in one of the post on the forum :0)

"I never knew what real happiness was until I got married, and by then it was too late." Max Kaufman

Cheers & Merry Christmas

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks Gaurav, a merry Christmas and happy new year to you too.... I cannot predict the outcome of the contest, but what i can already see is the effects of sssllllloooooowwwwwww Indian justice dispensation on the enemy camp, as the realization has starts dawning that it will definitely not be easy to get a quick verdict!! It is a pain for both sides, but when a 498A or DV girl is aging, remarriage at some point may take precedence over a protracted legal battle for most outlaws. But again, since they are 'out' and not 'in' laws, abnormal psychological behaviour cannot be excluded.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Yes, fighthard has a point.

We must look into all possibilities

Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:42 am

Congratulations FH!
Hum khush huwen :)
God bless

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Great stuff .....

Heartly congratulations to u dude.
And wish u good luck for DVA, i am sure that she can do anything in that as well....
Keep winning....

Kiru

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:26 am

Thanks Kiru and Raj, I hope the DV law doesn't have any nasty surprises in store, esp since the lower court magistrates are biased in favour of the fairer sex. I have restrained the desire to file for quash as of yet...but who knows maybe I would need it.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 am

Hi,

Under DV Act also, one can not be punished.
First of all, one Counciler will be appointed in this regard to find out the Truth, not to investigate.

He will come and enquire in your nearby people, how this couple lived and they will say what they have seen. On that basis only DV Act will trail after you.

Once 498A is diffused, DV will get its NATURAL DEATH, but you will just have to wait to see its death. As James Hadley Chase's one of the famous titles, " JUST MATTER OF TIME".

wbr
ramnath

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm
Profile YIM

Dear Ramnathji, I thought that Dv was a summary trial and would not involve oral deposition of any witnesses except the complainant (as word of girl itelf is evidence?). Rest all will be fought on written submissions?? On the face of it, DV act and its provisions appear to be much more ferocious than 498A. In 498A there is either guilty or no guilty, but in DV there can be so many different kind of reliefs. In my peculiar case however, the Councilor would be useless as the couple stayed for 6 months outside India, hence enquiry by an Indian councilor in a foreign neighborhood doesn't sound very feasible to me.??? Pls do correct me if I am wrong.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]