It is currently Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Getting to the Bottom of the State Police using RTI 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:19 pm
Posts: 631

I found a way finally to get the local police answer the RTI. Here are the details to follow if the local PS (even in villages or remote towns) display an inept attitude and refuse to take the accused statement or consider any proofs.
In most cases the local PS whips up the same allegations in the FIR. If you are contemplating on quash and the local PS is being heavily influenced or bribed by your 498A wife - follow the homeopathy medicine. The State may complain that the RTI fees cannot be accepted and they need challan. Do not worry, the MHA will send a Memo to the DGP to by pass that piece and they will handle the fee issue with central and state govt's.

1) File RTI with IPO to Ministry of Home Affairs
2) It goes to State DGP
3) It then goes to Commissioner of Police (if city ) or SP ( if district)
4) It then goes to the person who wrote the charge-sheet on baseless allegations to answer. This local PS shall inform the higher authority. At this stage the ACP and DCP gets embroiled to answer your RTI.
5) Give them time for 30 days - file a follow up.

Person (4) shall send the answers to you with Person (3) being copied- Compulsory.
Please do not expect miracles - but I am sure the true colors come out. Be specific on questions and straight like
e.g - Please identify the specific Cr.P.C section that states; the accused should NEVER be taken into confidence even if the accused is willing to comply with the investigation?

After months of running pillar to post with the State Police, I felt the MHA route is the best to get to the bottom.
However this approach is to be used with caution and use your judgment.

I felt I need to ask for my rights as I paid taxes to the State and Central Govt. The state is not a chartered govt to ONLY some section of citizens.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:26 pm
Posts: 419
Dear Savemyself
Do you ask RTI for information while the case is still pending in court or when the case is concluded.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:19 pm
Posts: 631
Pending - If case is concluded rest in peace and move on with life.
498a in 2 years- that quick - remember the civics lesson in school - When was the first five year plan endorsed?

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.