It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
498a DV in India 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:59 pm
Posts: 252

Last edited by rohan on Tue May 25, 2010 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:40 am
Posts: 429
Location: USA
Don't worry, it is almost impossible to extradite someone for such allegations. Please see the topic EXTRADITION & DEPORTATION 101 -The Definitive Guide in Victims Advise Forum.

Because of the way things work in India, people generally suggest not to go to India for fear of being stuck there in a number of false cases. But, if you have the will and a strong support network in India you can go and fight it. For civil cases your counsel can represent you, but for criminal case you may have to present yourself to participate in the case proceedings. Get the copy of the complaints, FIRs, etc. and study them carefully to see if you have evidence to counter the allegations. Browse through the posts here to learn how others have fought similar situations.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:44 pm
Posts: 5419
Location: Delhi (India)
I have a diffirent view and questions.

1. You admit you deserted your wife (For whatsoever reasons).
2. What happens to your family members.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 am
Profile YIM

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:59 pm
Posts: 252
I was trying to make her understand in her way. She used to go to her house and comes back in 3-4 months. Life was miserable for me since last two years and It became more after the kid was born. As a precaution someone had advised me to record her voice. I
a) have few recordings in which she clearly says that she does not want to live with me.
b) I have recording in which she has insulted my Father and my Aunty. I wanted to kill her that day, she was accusing them of illicit relationship. c) I have recordings in which she is provoking me to beat her.
But in India you know , everything is biased towards the girl. In spite of all these judge may still take her side.

Last edited by rohan on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:27 am

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:16 am
Posts: 73
Rohan ,

My suggestion to this problem will be a conservative approach.

** Find Out what the other side wants? a) Money b) Revenge etc…
This will help you set your Goals to fight the case

1) Accept the Problem: You are too much worried about deportation, red corner etc. This is IMPOSSIBLE as far as UK is concerned regarding 498a and DV.

2) Separate emotions with Court proceeding: The difficult part is to deal with emotions. Anyone can make allegation but you should be in mental framework to fight it out. I understand it’s hard but when extraneous things are said anger takes over and things go from bad to worst. Calm down take a slow approach to the problem.

3) “” I am confused, whether they should submit the revised petition and I would remain absconding? “”
Make an application in court stating your current Job circumstances and you will appear as your parents are on conditional Bail.
Yes you have to go there and fight at one point but you decide when not that they decide. Lots of things change when Time clock moves on you will notice that.

4)” Well If may parents did not get success in revise petition then definitely I would have to go back to fight.”
There are lots of loopholes in Law to take the case your way talk to a good lawyer or some experienced forum members can light up the path.

Be assured you don’t have to worry about red corner, etc its not that easy these days to get anyone on flimsy grounds.

Hope this helps if you need any support email me for my number.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:00 am

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:59 pm
Posts: 252
Thank you keepcool
Whats your e-mail? I have send you PM as well.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:59 pm
Posts: 252
Many thanks keepcool for giving me some guidance.

Last edited by rohan on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:36 pm

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:59 pm
Posts: 252
One more question ,
Is it possible that my parents do not get bail? The case is in Uttar Pradesh.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:44 pm
Posts: 5419
Location: Delhi (India)
in UP, move High Court for stay on arrest.


Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:44 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:12 am
Posts: 1
Hi Friends,

I am software based in delhi and my current company wants to send me to uk for 3 weeks on business visa.
I am falsely accused for 498a/506 and 125cr ipc by my wife 1 year agao. I case has not started. Police has send the chargesheet to court but i am yet to receive the summon. I am on anticipatory bail. My passport is with me and there is no condition as such do not leave India without permission of court in the bail

I have declared this in my visa application form and submitted the AB copy. Will there be problem to get visitor visa. Will it be approved

Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:09 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.