[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
498a Discussion Forum - View topic - Active group in US / Canada
It is currently Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Active group in US / Canada 

Posting here because I did not want this section to be empty :-)

We have a very active group in US and Canada. If you are a victim and are looking for help, please call the US helpline at (917) 512-5362

Rgds,

Andy

Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:39 pm
Profile YIM
forum Moderator

Building on what Andy has mentioned. If you are in the US of canada and are going through marital issue and domestic violence, do not hide out, give us a shout and get help.

Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:06 am

Hello to Andy and Satya and also to JK who advised me join the group. Swarup has also done the same. I am a new bie of course but not when it comes to verbal and now starting on 02/26/08 physical torture.

I actually got a black eye from her and I called 911 and still the police arrested me. They said: "We understand that you have the right to defend, and thats what you did but you went a bit too far".

This being said when I was working on my company laptop in a room and she comes in starts a verbal diatribe throws a water bottle on my faceand when I get up to wipe it off and to make sure the computers have not died, she gives a strong punch on my eye and before I could recover held my shirt as goons in indian streets do. Constantly tried to choke my food pipe and then I decided I had to fight back. I held her hair and gave some moderate punches on her face and only then she left my throat. She also called 911 and so did the neighbor.But police never wrote my call in their report.Now i will get my phone bill and show to court who called first. My hearing for DOMESTIC VIOLENCE is on May 1.it was on Mar 6 but i asked my lawyer for continuance becuase I fear not her but folks from her side who can physically harm my 72+ parents, one of whom is semi paralyzed and the caretaker spouse has severe arthritis and they are alone in India.

In the next post,I will write from the beginning the story as it started well before I came back to USA after marrying her.

I am located in state of Missouri(MO) and right on border of MO and Kansas(KS)

We are not victims but God has given us an opportunity to be known in society as crusaders!
I accept it humbly and thanks for listening to me.Next post will explain the events in detail from my perspective.

Do people exchange phone nos here? I have exchanged with some who are at the forefront but I think making it public would put one in harm's way.

Thanks friends
Your crusader in arms,
surrender_is_a_crime

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:25 am
forum Moderator

surrender_is_a_crime,

If you are saying that you did call 911. Please go to your police station and get the 911 'incident report'. All the 911 calls are recorded and it is YOUR RIGHT to get the copy of your 911 call log.
You do not have to wait for your phone bill to show that you called 911.

Please let me know if I could help?

- Satya

Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:54 am

yes, Satya

I have hired a lawyer of a firm of repute. I am also a regular attendee of the now weekly conference on Saturdays.

Incidents so far and actions taken:

Wife is psychotic(seems bipolar and craves for attention anywhere), hit me in Feb. I got a black eye.She also tried to choke my food pipe , had to push her away in self defence. Immediately ran out the house and called 911.

I was arrested and wife and me both gave statements. Cops said:you defended urself but "went a bit too far". I knew they were trumping up charges as police report itself says:no injury except the cut on her lip could be seen and she refused medical help whatsoever.

They detained me for 2 nights ,later quashed my $1500 bond to 0 and I was able to resume my job.

Wife signed an Order of protection against me on March 5 but continued to e-mail me until the 21st. I of course had no idea of the order, came to know about it around 26th from office. Went to the civil court myself to get my summons. Wife also after she signed the order googled my employer and made several calls either to have me out of job or to know the exact details of salary.

Lawyer has the picture of the black eye and I have incident report and have paid the charges to get the CD of the other injuries on my knuckles and back from the police station.

Wife a week back wanted all the rent to be paid and utilities($1200pm approx) and $400 pm as maintenance. However as my lawyer has a strategy of trying to settle the case outside the court(quashing of Order of protection and Domestic Violence charge) , she thought I am getting scared and now told her lawyer(in fact just an activist from a women's group) that she does not need rent and all, just $2500 pm as maintenance.

Lawyer will get back to me tomorrow and is trying to have me not to have to come to court on 8th of April for hearing of Order of protection and mantainance.

My conditions: I will continue to pay all utilities plus will give $400pm as maintenance. I can not give more than this. Take it or continue the case in court.

Lawyer has advised not to put an Order of Protection against her yet as he is trying to have both charges quashed outside court. I agree with him,however if needed, we will use the ammunition needed to go full steam against her.

Will write more on Apr 8

Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:07 am

To add to my post above, lawyer is getting the recordings of the 911 calls. This all happened inspite of me going to the police station twice before telling them wife is psychotic and she is not opening the door for me when I came back from work.

They had an immigration officer come over and check my status. He was satisfied but one cop said:just trying to see if you are not from Iraq and Afghanistan. I think they can be sued for that. the same cop after i was released from the detention center later said: I apologize for ur condition. I know what exactly must have happened!

Is it a good thought to try to sue them??? Misbehavior and defamation on their part. Arresting me without any reason and then sending me to a detention center in Holden(u cant find the center in that ghost town by urself!)

they tried their best to get me lost in the system so that i lost my job but something intervened ,iguess the fact that i work for a state agency which works in close collusion with the police, and saved me from further detention and any bond payment

Thanks
surrender_is_a_crime

Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:14 am

Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:39 am
forum Moderator

we have people connected by phone in almost all the states in the US. Which state do you belong to?

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 pm

hi andy,,

Its good to know that you have an active group out there..

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Hello you guys!

I am Manish and VERY green to this. This is my first posting and have gotten to know about 498A in the last 4 hours of internet material that I just read.

I need some help -- a LOT of help. I am not sure whether I should anticipate a 498A against me and my family or not.

Please help.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:13 am

Is there anybody from Atlanta chapter???? Would like to meet up some time.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:15 am

rajuttha,

I am in Atlanta right now. Not sure if I can be of any help but we can share our feelings. Let me know your number or send me a pm.

Also, Satya, Can you please provide the conference call/meeting number/place you said which usually happens on Saturdays?

Regards
Venu

Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:46 am

guys.. as you all know about me, would like to know if i can get any suggestions for my divorce (CA court) trial date next week, am kind if excited as the date is approaching.

my concerns
1. spousal to be awarded
2. awardiing attorney fees to opposite counsel.
3. how to react in the court

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Last edited by highlander23235 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:31 pm

I would go to the township municipal court and get a restraining order on them.
Take the proofs with you and you shall get it. The municipal court is open on saturdays as well.

A TRO does no harm and get into criminal only if the person violates it.

-save

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Guys,

A strange case, although might be interesting. A girl born and bought up in Bangladesh - secures US Visa through naturalization (and changes her name as well at that time through the court procedure)by marrying a US Citizen. She divorces him and foresees a good career scope in India and enrolls herself in an educational institute for 5 years.

After completion of the course - she lays a honeytrap in India and gets married to a guy under the special marriages act (just to get an X/ Spouse Visa) The guy comes to know about this gold digger wife. She puts 498 A, DV case on him. All the while the guy believed that she was unmarried, she even mentions the same in her marriage application, complaint, case papers and divorce papers.

However the guy has authentic information from reliable sources that she had been married more than once in USA and maybe in Bangladesh as well. How does he get the information about the marriage with the girl from the USA court/ authorities is the question. Please help.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:18 pm

if she is not a citizen of India how can she file those cases did she got Indian citizenship by virtue of that marriage

Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:14 am

Hi - I live USA and got married May 7 2017. My wife stayed with me for a week and she left due to some bullshit reason without even informing me. Now filed a false 498a against me and my family. FIR Registered with their local influence. I want to fight the case but don't want to go India it will effect my career. Can anyone help me how to fight false 498a from here.

Regards,
Kumar

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]