It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Good lawyers in Delhi 

Hi
I am based in UK and my wife has filed 498A against me and my family. She is based in UK (Indian citizen) and is working full time. She is living separately from me at the moment (in UK), don't know where.
She has also filed for a divorve petition and demanded 25,80,000/- as payment for the streedhan, although ours was a love marriage and my parents were not even present at the wedding.
I cant find a good lawyer who can represent me, her family has a lot of influence in Meerut and my family has to go through a lot of stress.
I cant go to India. Any lawyer my father has talked to says get a compromise, which is out of question as she is not doing it because she wants a compromise, she wants to ruin my and my parents life.
I am in desperate need of a good lawyer who can represent me and my family so that this bitch can be given a dose of her own medicine.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Poorman.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Poorman,
{ She has also filed for a divorve petition and demanded 25,80,000/- as payment for the streedhan, although ours was a love marriage and my parents were not even present at the wedding.}
Is she not asking for Dowry/gifts given by her parents .Produce your ITR and state the truth and withdrawl from banks in marriage days alongwith the list of Guest where your parents were not there,make one from your memory.keep it ready for use.
A good lawyer in Meerut .I would get back to you shortly but in Delhi I can suggest you one.
Regards

Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:12 am

POorman,
Second thought ;Find her in UK and use the english laws against her ;Equality.Cruelty;desertion.threats etc
File a petition with her UK address talk to your lawyer Ask satya by PM for a lawyer in UK

Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:14 am

It is impossible for her to get a divorce in India until you agree:). So compromise that she withdraws her demand for Istridhan and you will settle for divorce by mutual consent!

Peri

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:18 pm

Can someone please let me know good civil and criminal lawyer in Noida?? Its very urgent .... need to file cases urgently ..... Does Nodia has family court ???

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi poorman, Don't worry mate, I know its a difficult time for you, but the good thing in your favour is that both of you are UK based. So Indian system will be extremely slow in moving. I have sent you a pm. Lets talk. In UK, all these meaningless cases cannot be filed, so contrary to what Poppinderji said, UK litigation is of no use.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:51 pm

I am also looking for a good lawyer who can take my case.
Not sure where to start looking. Please advise me here or PM me at "itsinnovative@live.com"

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]