It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Guidance Needed in false 498a case 

I got married last year in april 2019 through a matrimonial website and travelled back along with my wife to the US in May where I got a work visa. But things didn't workout as expected and I eventually found out that me and my family ended up in a marriage fraud. Long story short we stayed together for 4 months and after that girl is staying at her parents house in MP and myself in the US. As mature people we try to end this marriage by agreeing to pay X ( whatever girl's family demanded) amount of money to the girl provided she will drop the case against us. Though these settlement talks were going on from last october and we were ready to accept their almost every terms and conditions. Until now we were in a frame of mind since courts are closed that's why another person is taking too long to finalize the settlement. But, yesterday we received a call from the police station saying that FIR have been already filed against me and my family this Jan along with a request to revoke my visa and passport and have been asked to be present in MP police station within a week

Here are some of my questions which I have in my mind

1) Can my passport be revoked ?
2) If they filed the FIR this Jan, why did the girl's family or police didn't take any action till now? We haven't received any written summon from police till date.
3) What can be the motive for the police calling my family now
4) What steps should we take to secure ourselves
5) Why haven't the police informed us about the FIR earlier.
6) Upon starting passport renewal process, I have to answer below questions
a) Are any proceedings in respect of an offence alleged to have been committed by you pending before a criminal court in India? Yes or No
b) Has any warrant or summons for your appearance been issued and pending before a court under any law for the time being in force? Yes or No

Any help in this matter is much appreciated. Currently we are trying to consult lawyers how to safeguard ourselves but are very much scared with this entire situation.

Thanks in advance

Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]