i have put a PM to you. but it is not being delivered to you. check if your inbox is full. however, i am giving reply here:
could not reply immediately as i was away in an area not having internet.
1) in which State, place is your case? if it is in Telangana State and under cyberabad police commissionerate, it may be possible to find if any LOC is issued or passport is impounded etc.
2) when was the stay given by high court? whether it was for the entire case or for some of the accused like parents?
As per supreme court guidelines, stay is valid for six months only and extension of stay has to be applied after expiry of six months and extension obtained and copy filed in lower court.
3) what is the stage of the case in 498a, when filed, case No. and court? if these are given i can look in the court website.
4)why was the absent petition rejected and on which date? when is the next date? why is case proceeding when there is HC stay?
5) u said POA was given to your father. In criminal cases POA is not valid. Only special permission by way of a petition under Sec. 205 CRPC, court may dispense personal attendance of accused and permit accused to appear thru his advocate.
6) u may reply to passport office that you are co-operating with the court, that you have your roots in India and have no intention to avoid the court.
Also refer to the stay granted by HC. Attach scanned copy of HC order of stay to the mail.
unless LOC was issued on you or passport office impounded the passport, there may not be a problem when u come to India. however, there is possibility that wife party may manage the police to issue LOC. try to get information about LOC from the district police office.
Statistics: Posted by ganeshrao — Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:00 am