It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
MOGAMBO KHUSH HUA 

Hi Ron, Poppinder, HOD, Raj and all others,

I am so excited to share the news with all of you. I opened the bubbly (oops not Champagne but Pepsi) as I got stay till next date for payment of maintenance to my lovely 498a wife.

As my matter is sub-judice, I can not divulge more details on the forum.

But I marvel Shakespeare, in King Lear he taught an important lesson to all of us, "If you are true to yourself, you will appear false to no man". The conclusion is when you fight the bundle of lies with truth, truth eventually triumphs despite some hardships.

Please read my previous mail on "Protection of Women from Domestic Violence" for better understanding.

Now we have two stays in the same act. Kiru and me.

And I repeat, MOGAMBO KHUSH HUA.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:16 am
Profile YIM

Shonee,

Congrats! This is a sign of more good things to come. Hope your case is quashed soon.

We want the courts in Punjab and Haryana to start honoring the interpretation by Supreme Court (as far back as 1980, GURBAKSH SINGH SIBBIA Vs STATE OF PUNJAB) that FIR is not necessary for hearing on anticipatory bail application.

Of course, neither is an arrest necessary for investigation by police.

Sambhav

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:41 am

Oi balley balley!!!

Good news dude. Celebrate and savor every moment of it.

Just keep up the pressure and hopefully the situation of compromise never arises in your case.

Keep us posted on the progress yaar.

Every success story gives us guys a kick and give us hope that things will eventually work out.

I will go and have masala chai in your name.

:)

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:08 am

Congrats Shonee!

We should have awards for best posts and advice (replies) plus progress in cases, I believe that you should get 1st prize!! :~)

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Great News Shonee!! Congrats! All the best for the future.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Shonee, congratulations and best wishes for continued success. It does appear that your case is getting stronger. "Mogambo Really Kush Hua" I know that good things will come to good people.

With each victory of one of our own, the confidence of others is increased. In this situations, the most important thing one must have is faith and confidence that truth alone shall prevail (Sathyameva Jayate). Without a sense of eventual victory, one can be despondent and depressed. A shocked or depressed man cannot put up a decent fight. So, let Shonee and others show the path, have patience, do proper research (e.g, read this forum, read past judgments of SC and HC), keep your chin up, do the right things and don't ever give up. Not giving up is especially true for some among us who are suffering (e.g., read Kannan's posts about not being able to contact his son). I heard a beautiful line from a friend "Yeh sab halat ki baath hai, halat kabhee badal jayange" (It is all a matter of time, times do change). You will get good times back!
When you are finally out of the nightmare, you will be a stronger and wiser person.

One final thing: When my wife's brother got into this unlawful crisis, I really thought we have a serious law & order issue in this country. Of ocurse we all know it, but when it hits home, you feel it. The world is turned upside down. However, now I believe that we have a bad law initiated due to real suffering of women in the lower rungs of the society, but fortunately our judges are mostly good and prevent gross injustice. Especially in the higher levels of judiciaries the judges use common sense and try to do what is RIGHT.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Congrats Shoneek.

What does subjudice mean?
Also, have you filed for child custody? I am observing your case with great interest as I would like to know how child custody is fought in India?

Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Congrats Shonee!

Nice to hear such success stories, it will be a good inspiration for all those who are on the same boat

-VM

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:43 am

Hi Pals,

Ron, Masala Tea is on me. And better if it is Japanese one.

Raj, Your compliments are prize enough.

Sambhav, I am not going for quash. Neither I intend to go. I am fighting the case in court.

Gentle, I would let you know about Child Custody Case over PM.

Sub-judice means that the case is under consideration of court and in such scenario it is advisable that we don't pass any comment on the merits of the case in open forums/ media or any other place which can be seen as an effort to put court under undue influence/ any adverse remarks about court or judge can be construed as contempt of court as well. This is a long standing practice and without going into the merits of this practice, I would like to adhere to it or any other law of the land.

Judgments, orders (interim or final) and notings of the court can be informed to public by lawyers/ clients.

Docsyed and VM, Thanks a ton pal and I require your continuous prayers and best wishes.

And HOD, I have full faith in the Judiciary and the law of the land, even the fairness of most of the Police people. And not for a moment in so many months, I had an iota of doubt about this same. And when in doubt, there are always higher courts/ Police Authorities to go to.

True, Satyameve Jayate. This is what is there on the emblem of our Republic.

Long live the Republic and Long live the spirit of Satyamev Jayate.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

PS: I am thankful to all for their best wishes, moral support, morale boosting and prayers.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:25 pm
Profile YIM

SK dont worry man, I always believe that taking the side of truth is invariably more painful than taking the easy way out.

As a side note I got some happy news today. It seems that chargesheet when filed was not signed by the senior inspector.

The station inspector decided to file it bypassing the normal standard procedure.

We brought this to the notice of some of the senior guys. I am happy to say that investigation has started on those guys who filed the chargesheet improperly. :)

My bitch is the second avataar of Shani. Anybody who comes in contact with her suffers some unfortunate circumstances.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Congrats Shoneek.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:39 pm
Profile YIM

Dear Shoneek, Congratulations. May God's blessings be on you always.

Success has come to you for the following reasons...

1. Blessings from God/parents and elder victims of this forum and good wishes of all fellow victims with their prayer (as you are a very helping nature person)

2. Your remarkably strong efforts

3. You have an able and honest lawyer

All of us who are suffering, lack few of these.

I pray for your success in every step of your case on the ladder of victory

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:55 pm

The sad part is that is that it is too late to reverse the path for girl when she finally realizes her mistakes. So Shonee is probably right about not being interested in counter-violence. However, some girls must be made to suffer so that the majority will learn a lesson to behave.

I have been reading a Bombay High Court judgment (FCA 103 of 2002, Delivered 13-July-2005, by justice S.B. Mhase and justice S.R. Sathe). It is a divorce case, the behavior of the wife was exactly similar what is happening in my brother-in-law’s case. So I was interested. However, the High Court believed the girl's version, so the husband lost. There was really no other evidence. Wife's story versus husband's, each contradicting the other.

What I find interesting and scary is that the Court repeatedly said that no wife would behave as alleged by the husband. In our society we have the “Abala Naari” concept. But after seeing what happened with my brother-in-law, I can believe that there are exceptional wives who will behave very badly. And then they regret and are ready to come to the husband with “folded hands”, hence the Court is lenient with such women. The judgement quotes the following wriiten by the wife in a letter (Wife is Leela and husband is addressed as Unnichetan by the wife).
"Dear Unnichetan,

we have to live
together for the sake of her [child’s] upbringing. I
do not want any of your properites, assets
or money. I want only our love and
AFFECTION to our innocent child. So I
request you to find out a solution for that.
. Once again requesting you to pardon
me.
Yours loving wife,
Leela.

In another letter she says

Dear Unnichetan,
Helplessness - Yes as your have
correctly pointed out that I have become
like a tigress who have turned vegetarian.
Since I have lost the will power or the
teeth. Day by day I am realising this
truth. The future is dark and cloudy, and
I do not see any silver lining…

…In the process I am losing
conjugal bliss, you are losing matrimonial
happiness, our child is losing the undue
affection. My parents and your go through
uneasy time.
Who has gained ? - None.
Who will gain ? - None…

Can we change our attitute and
aptitudes. Yes I believe if we both wish.
If one hand gets paralyse, what should be
done. Two alternatives - either cut it
since it is of no use OR massage it call it
with the other hand. I mean that I have
became such a hand for you - tigress
without teeth.
. With lots of love.
Yours everlovingly,
Leela.

Husband’s reply says.

"Dear Leela,
I have received your letter dated 25.2.1996
by Registered AD.
I am very glad to note that you have started
making introspection on your own, although
it is very belated, please continue and I
wish you all success.

Your loving husband,
(P.G.Krishnakumar.)

The judgement from High Court reversed the divorce granted to the husband by family court. In the Judges’ chamber, the wife expressed her desire to beg for forgiveness and rejoin husband, but husband rightly reliazed it was too late. Once he was cheated, he will be a fool to accept her. The Judges however denied the divorce. I hope that as time goes on, our legal system will realize that it is the not the mother-in-law or the father-in-law or the husband that is ALWAYS at fault. I don’t understand why the judges want to force the couple to live together. It will never be a peaceful family again. Let them divorce and let the husband find the right woman with his experience / lesson learnt.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:42 pm

HOD,

Once again, I don't know whether you follow Urdu Poetry or not, here is a couplet for such lovely 498a wives and bitter halves

Dushmani Jam Ke Karo, Magar Ye Gunjaish Rahe,
Agar Hum Dost Ho Jaaye, to Sharminda Na Ho!

Fight fair, and that is my take on counter cases as well. FIGHT FAIR, if someone is rude to me, it is not reason enough for me to loose my mannerism and morals.

There is a difference in fighting back and counter violence.

Regards,
Shonee Kapoor

PS: Adversity does not build character, it reveals the character.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:27 am
Profile YIM

Hi All ,
My Congrats are posted last But Know I was the first to know first hand and the amount of happiness at that hour in the morning made my Day.
Great Shonee,(Mugambo)
This is the spirit we must use .
His main weapon is his fearless ness
His habit of clean indexed documentation where you make your point quickly
Ron:- I would quote a Post for you from shonee shortly which we all must print and keep and updating everyday for a counteroffensive lawfully and legally ;Ron its is well said built the anger inside you to sharpen your instincts and create strength to aim correctly and shoot angry discussions only reduces the heat required to complete the mission
We are all in it and happy moments of one brings a smile on each other face of a large aggrieved victimised family by 498a misuse on this forum.
Shonne and all help us to keep smiling
Thank you

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:54 am

HEY SHONEE......

MOGAMBO IDHAR BHI KHUSH HUA....YAR....

gr8 news dude.....i hope u get the copy of my stay.....

njoy.....
kiru

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:06 am

Yes Kiru, thanks I got it

The words of Crebillon and Frederick the Great rings in my ears always, "La crainte fit les dieux; l'audace a fait les rois" AND "nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace!" which means - "Fear made the gods; audacity has made kings." and "We must have audacity, more audacity, always audacity."

With truth on our side, there should be no cause of fear. The victory is only 5% till date, but I have not even a single iota of doubts on the following:

1. I would win these falsely lodged 498a and PWDVA cases.
2. I would have the permanent custody of the child.
3. They would repent trying to be smart with me.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

PS: It is the unconquerable nature of man and not the nature of the weapon he uses that ensures victory. - General George Patton Jr

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:06 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]