It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
URGENT - URGENT settlement issue 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:13 am
Posts: 16
Below is my earlier post.

Now people from girls side are approaching us for settlement. Please urgently suggest what to do.

My wife filed 498a against me and my family members.

I was confined in the police station for few hours and was released against extortion of huge some of money, in form of some cash & cheques from my fathers a/c to her, for settlement. senior police officers were SET for this conspiracy, where it was decided to file joint divorce petition, Streedhan also handed over with receipts.

The amount was huge and beyond our reach so we opted for AB which we got succesfully and stopped the payment. Police investigation is also over and chargesheet has also been filed. these lower level courts are really very bad, somehow obtained the Copy of chargesheet.

The cheques were then deposited by them and got dishonoured, and we got '138' notice from their lawyer, which was replied by them.

side by side had applied for single sided divorce petition, counselling & interim maintainance cases are over. Court did not give any maintainance to her as she

Now what next could be done ?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:00 am
Posts: 607

Claim and be quite now .. As after getting AB their Nuclear attack is over proving to be Phusi bomb. Now as her claim of IM/maintaince are already rejected by court then they have not to fight .

Now after some time they will come to you asking/Begging for divorce once they see court is moving very slowly on 498a or other cases . Its then upto you to put them where ever you want.

make then face prejury and teach them leason or give them easy access via Mutal divorce .

"I am thankful to all those who said NO, Its bcoz of them I did it myself" - Einstein

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:13 am
Posts: 16
dear rajeev,

thank you for your responce.

have already filed for divorce, but there she says she wants to come back. And i do not want to waste my precious youth. What is the drawback of out of court settlement ?

can i go for perjury before quashing ?


Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:56 am

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 am
Posts: 50
Dear Kunal,

No, you can't go for perjury right now.

If you want to save your "precious youth", it is better to go for mutual settlement. Better talk to your lawyer about the conditions according to your case and allegations. Or disclose the allegations so that senior members can give you advice on the basis of facts.

Its always cheap to buy peace of mind if it is on sale.

Regards and best wishes,


Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:54 am

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:13 am
Posts: 16

Thank you for your feedback. And ya you are absolutely right on your point about peace.

allegations on us were 498a, 406, 506 (34). We have returned stridhan we have the receipts also. she left matrimonial home before 3 yrs and file 498a before 1 yr. when I was confined at the police station they took hard cash and cheques from us, which they call it as settlement.

and now 138 after the cheques are bounced.

Please help.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:46 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.